A.W. (Tony) Bates and A. Sangrà
We welcome you to the web site that accompanies the book. The aim of this web site is to provide support materials and activities to be used together with the book, for readers of the book who want to access further information on this topic, and for those who would like to build training modules or courses on the management of technology in higher education.
In particular, this web site offers the following:
- a direct link to the publisher or Amazon for ordering copies of the book
- an abstract or brief description of the book
- a list of contents with sample materials from each chapter
- the book’s Executive Summary (in full)
- the original references in the book, with hot links where appropriate to the original source
- new publications and resources related to the themes in the book, added as they become identified
- scenarios from the book, and additional scenarios, with suggested activities and a forum to discuss the issues arising in the scenarios
- examples to illustrate recommendations in the book
- contact information for the two authors, and their biographies.
Tony Bates is President and CEO of Tony Bates Associates Ltd, a private company specializing in consultancy and training in the planning and management of e-learning and distance education. The company was started in 2003, and since then has served over 30 clients in 18 countries.
Albert Sangrà is a senior professor at the Open University of
Catalonia, Spain, where he is currently the academic director of
the eLearn Center, the research center for e-learning. He is also
the program director for the university’s MSc. in Education and